Friday, November 16, 2007

Just a quick update on what is going on in my life right now. We are hopefully moving to Tucson tomorrow, as I have found a house and put a deposit down and went through all the other fun stuff. We find out today about move-in when I call the management company (fingers crossed because we already have a truck!) We have yet to sell our house in Sierra Vista so we will be paying rent and mortgage at the same time for (hopefully) not too long......anyone need a house?

That being said, we actually need money to be doing this for a while, so Jon accepted a bonus to stay in the Army 3 more years. We held out on doing this and weren't going to, but facing this situation, we thought it would alleviate some of our financial obligations. I hope this doesn't end up kicking us in the ass in the long run.

So, as Jon leaves on the 27th, I won't be spending much time on the computer and I've been neglecting my blog horribly. Even knitting will be on hold as I try to spend as much time with my hubby as I can. This deployment really crept up on us, and of course, came way to fast. No one can ever be ready or fully prepared to face this long a separation =*(

1 comment:

Rae said...

tania & john-- i don't know how you do it, but my prayers are with you both! i get weepy whenever i see those 'welcome home soldiers' events on the news...