Here as just some of the reasons I despise wind so much:
- Hair in mouth and eyes. And nobody wants hair that looks that wind-blown.
- Dust and other fun stuff in your eyes (mine, in particular, are magnets for such things even on calm spring days).
- I can't wear my pretty girly skirts or dresses, lest I want my chonies on display for everyone to see!
- Running against it! With gusts up to 50 mph, you might as well strap a parachute behind me.
- When I was still driving the Corolla and commuting to and from Sierra Vista, these hurricane force winds would almost push me into another car in the lane next to me or hold me back as I battled my way up the steepest hills at 85 mph.
So the main reason I hated the wind today was #4. No matter which direction I ran, it seemed like I was running against the wind. Well, except when I was running east, which means the wind was probably coming from the north- and southwest. I convinced myself to still go for said run even after gazing out at the windy conditions all day. And all because I couldn't just "waste" a perfectly good sub-90 degree day, considering these will be few and far between in a couple weeks. So I'm 0 for 2 for good runs this week. At least I was able to finish this time and run faster. Better luck next week.
Oh and those of you in the PNW...can you please stop sending us your crap our way? All those storms and low pressure systems, while producing the welcome drop in temperature when they collide with our high pressure ones, are the reason for these crazy wind storms here. Thanks, I'd appreciate it!