Thursday, August 21, 2008

My husband loves to spoil me!

Jon told me yesterday to look for a package the next two days. When I asked him what it was, he told me it was something for the car...an iPod adapter. "Whooptie-doo" I thought to myself, "One more thing he wants me to install in the car!" (He bought a sunshade a few months ago, which has yet to make its way out of the box). So I wasn't too excited when I saw that small package sitting on my doorstep when I got home. I brought it inside the house and tossed it on the countertop, where it sat, abandoned, as I absorbed myself in recipes.

So when Jon calls tonight he tries his very hardest to get me to open the box. Unfortunately for him, I was baking and cooking dinner at the same time, so there was no way I could open it unless I grew two extra pairs of arms. Finally, I finished dinner and opened it to make him happy. Except....it wasn't an iPod adapter at all. I was greeted by a little blue box wrapped up in white ribbon. I love the necklace! I can't even show my gratitude to my husband!

5 comments:

loqi said...

That little white lie almost backfired on him. :-p

I love the note! I think I might send a link to this to LT as a hint that I would love some pretty stuff from him. :-D teehee!

Rae said...

aww how sweet! Is Jon's deployment ending soon?

Sara said...

aww thats so sweet and thoughtful

Tania said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read that note! I know that's just the deployment talking--I don't expect any more jewelry out of that boy!

Rae, Jon comes home for 18 days around Thanksgiving, but has to go back until March.

Jaime said...

That's so sweet ;) I love the new layout! Looks amazing!