Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Ahhh! This is going to be hard, especially since I have a whole list on the sidebar. I want to try to list out some different ones. Oh well, here goes!
- I'm in the process of applying to nursing school right now. The fact that I can complete a BSN in 14 months and that it's free are large motivators! That being said, I'm scared I won't like my career choice when I finally get into it. I am a person who gets bored by routine. I can't listen to the same type of music for so long, I don't order the same things off of a menu like my husband always does, and I hate relying on only a few techniques that my focus of research relies on. I'm afraid that it will be the same way with my career. I've also looked into pastry school since I've discovered a new love of baking. I love creating pretty things for people (not me) to eat. The more challenging, all the more fun for me as I try to figure it out! I'm afraid that a degree in this field would be far too much money out of pocket--money I don't have.
- I am working on being a more laid-back person. I am easily flustered, am impatient, and get worked up easily. I'm happy to say that I've made significant progress in this area. Although you can't exactly call me laid back now, I'm scores better than I use to be. I give credit to my regular workouts and, surprisingly, my dog, Sammy, who happens to be the most high-strung, un-confident dog I've ever encountered! He taught me patience--A LOT of patience. When Jon first left, I would call him (back when I could) in tears and at one point I seriously considered getting rid of the poor baby. I couldn't bring myself to do it, knowing that he would probably be put down because he is so fear-aggressive to all strangers. I took Cesar Milan's advice and demonstrated calm and assertive leadership and found that this worked way better than yelling at the top of my lungs. Sammy respects me now, but I'm still working on the fear-aggression.
- I'm obsessed with The Bachelor right now and even before it started! I think it has more to do with the fact that he is from Kirkland, a suburb of Seattle. Once hating reality TV, I find myself watching more of it. I think I can blame the writers strike for this one.
- I want to do something like the Peace Corps, preferably in a South American village somewhere. I don't see this happening anytime soon. I'm almost 28 years old, still wanting to go back to school and switch careers while still wanting children before I get too old. I would want to take Jon with me, of course, but he has zero interest in going abroad again after his two tours in Iraq.
- I get irritated when the phone rings too much, especially at work and I'm the only one in the lab to answer it and I'm in the middle of something. It's more annoying than a buzzing alarm clock.
- I like to scratch raised letters and smell books, magazines, newspaper....any paper products really. I'm glad to say I'm not the only weirdo that likes to do these things! I have a friend that once scratched the letters off of a page and my sister shares my love of smelling books. I got her the second and third books in the Twilight series for Christmas and her boyfriend got her the second book as well. She decided on which book to keep by smelling them and keeping the best-smelling one!
So there you have it! I maybe included facts that weren't non-important and I have a repeat from my perma-list, but it was hard!
Now for people to tag. I'm trying not to re-tag anyone who's done this recently.
Rebecca at [Almost] A Designer
Loqui at Loquita's Blog
Sara at When in Rome
Melissa at New Girl on Post
Miss Rae at Raecatherine Almost on the Water
Oops that's only five! I think everyone's done this already! Oh well, looking forward to reading responses!