I was really looking forward to these cookies too! I'm so mad because I wasted all those precious egg whites--they ended up down the drain. Everything went wrong. I forgot to whisk the sugar with the egg white and added it late. The dough was (too?) runny. While piping the red stripes onto the rectangle cookies the tip kept getting clogged with lumpy dough. The cookies stuck to my baking mat and were hard to peel off. Once I got them off and flipped them over to roll them up they got really sticky. The end result: a big mess and a frustrated Tania rinsing the remaining dough down the sink. I'll have to mess with this one when I have more time.
So that left me with only 3 types of cookies to send out to family, rather than five (after failing with above cookies, I didn't even try the Cigarettes Russes, as they were of similar construction). At least all those turned out!
The Chocolate-Peppermint Cookies. I had leftover white chocolate after I was done so I dipped a few Milkbones in for my mom's dog and for Sammy.
And here are the Lime Flowers. I also made the Lime Meltaways, but didn't include pictures here because I made and shared them before.
So the packages are off. I mailed some to Jon too. I'm nervous that my recipients are going to end up with crumbs when they finally get these. I hope they survive the trip!