Tuesday, December 16, 2008

'Tis the season

There's definitely something going around and I've caught it. I'm so mad that I'm sick....again....so soon. It's the reason I've stayed home from work for two days now and why I haven't posted Vegas pics yet.

I got sick the day Jon got home and I had to spend the time I was looking forward to most this year coughing and dragging because I had no energy. 

I'd like to claim a strong immune system. I exercise regularly and don't eat horribly, and I rarely get sick like this. For the past two years when I felt that tell-tale tickle in my throat or I was just dragging a little more than usual, I would immediately forego my exercise routine, eat well, and sleep more than usual. That's usually enough for me to drive away the evil viruses.

Not this time. While Jon was home, he had to deal with my low energy levels while we were in Las Vegas. All he wanted to do was show me everything, since it was my first time there...he's so sweet! But walking down the Strip proved too much for me and I had to go back to the room and recuperate. Then there was the endless, annoying hacking. Good thing he's a heavy sleeper because he wouldn't have been able to sleep at night otherwise! The week after we got home I started complaining about the left side of my rib cage hurting. I couldn't sit up or lay on my back or on the side that hurt and I screamed out loud every time Jon forgot and put a little too much pressure there. I think I tore something there, I was coughing so hard.

So last Friday I felt that annoying tickle in my throat again and immediately popped Zicam. I had grand plans of baking batches and batches of cookies for family and friends, but I only baked what I wanted to send out. At least the family got theirs. I don't think people here would appreciate the virus-laced cookies they would have ended up with, had I went on with the plan.

I started coughing on Saturday. I get this horrible need to cough and no matter how hard I cough or how much, it doesn't go away. This leaves me gasping for breath, eyes watering, and Sammy so worried about mommy. I didn't sleep well that night and I may have had a fever. On Sunday I coughed so much I threw up (gross, I know, and TMI). And now my ribs hurt again. Every cough and sneeze is excruciating. I can't wait till this passes. A lot of people I know are getting the same thing. Do you know anyone with this superbug? I'm so ready to try anything to kill it!

5 comments:

jlc said...

Ugh I hate getting sick right before the holidays. I hear ya!


Ouuu and I love this new snow effect on your blog!

Jaime said...

I love the snow effect too and I'm sorry you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon!

loqi said...

Time for you to hit the doctors' office lady! They can write you a prescription for the super-duper cough syrup - sounds like you need some! Plus I think it would be good for someone to listen to your lungs, and make sure nothing's settling in there. *hugs*

said...

Being sick is the pits! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

jlc said...

Yay! I see it's working on your sidebar now. I finally fixed it... haha I'm so bad with this stuff!!


Great new layout. And I adore the Christmas music in the background. I might just keep the page open for a lil while. :)