Sara tagged me to dish 10 honest things about myself. These are getting harder and harder to do! What more do you all want to know? :P
I'm not going to tag anybody because everyone has done this already!
So here goes!
- I've been insecure with my body ever since the fourth grade. A little Mexican boy, Sergio, and his friend whom I ended up graduating with made fun of me at recess one day. They were laughing and pointing at me, saying "Panzona!", which quite literally means "large-bellied girl." I vaguely remember looking down at my stomach and thinking to myself, Hmm....I guess I do have a big stomach. Starting then, I started to suck my stomach in. I did it for years so I have some pretty strong abs now! :) I don't suck it in anymore, but for the most part I'm always contracting those muscles when I'm upright, or riding in a car (for balance). Is that weird? Oh yeah, Sergio's friend confessed to me our senior year that Sergio had a huge crush on me back then, hence the teasing.
- I have a horrible memory when it comes to movies. Somebody will ask me if I saw X movie and most of the time my answer is no. They go on to describe the movie to me, and sometimes somewhere during their description I'll realize that I did, in fact, see the movie.
- The furthest distance I've run is 13 miles (that close to half marathon distance). I have yet to run a half or full marathon, although it is one of my goals.
- I understand a lot of Spanish, but have a hard time speaking it. The words just get stuck in my head! My vocabulary is mainly limited to that of my parents. They also threw in a little vocabulary in Quechua so I grew up thinking words such as chuma and karkas (sp?), were Spanish. I found out later they weren't. My aunt can speak Quechua and goes off if I ask her to. :)
- Milky Way Midnights are my favorite chocolate candy. I usually buy the bag of fun size and can be satisfied eating 2-4 of those for dessert.
- I'm a contributing author of four scientific articles. If you knew my last name you could look me up on PubMed.
- I played the flute in high school. I picked it back up my senior year in college to play in the SU orchestra. I was a little rusty!
- I have super dry skin so living in the desert can be torture. Lotion is a must after every shower. If I do a lot of cleaning with hot water, the skin on the palms of my hands will start to flake, but not all the way off. I have to use a pumice stone to slough it all off. Yuck!
- I only call Sammy by his name when I want his attention. His more often used nicknames include Babe, Cham Cham, Sam-mutt, Chammy, Chamo, and Bubbo.
- I'm so excited to see what our kids are going to look like. They will be half-Peruvian, one quarter Thai, and one quarter Caucasian. Well, almost. My grandmother on my mom's side was (?)% Japanese. Half of Jon's lineage is Jewish. That's about all I know. We're all mutts, right? I'm hoping for some blue eyes in the mix: Jon is definitely a carrier because his dad has blue eyes and my grandfather had blue eyes. Hopefully my mom passed that on to me and we'll get a surprise.