Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not much to blog about lately, as my life has been uneventful for the most part. I think we are going to be able to sell the house, however, so this is one piece of good news I can share. The woman has been contacting me because she saw it on forsalebyowner.com. Of course she's been calling me after I signed a contract with Long Realty, and I had to keep telling her to contact my real estate agent. Well, she finally did and made a cash offer on the house, which apparantly minimizes our closing costs. Jon and I will still have to pay some money out of pocket because the offer wasn't high enough to cover all of the real estate agent's commission, but we figured as long as we get rid of the house now, we will be able to save a lot more money in the long run. Otherwise, we will be waiting forever for the offer that we want. This housing slump is really hurting us here.

Well, I have to step into work for a little bit today, and I'm also mailing my first packages out to Jon. They are full of junk food and snacks that he doesn't have access to over there. I know I shouldn't be sending him this crap, but what else can I do for him? He loves this stuff and this is the only way I can spoil him! I've got to do as much for him as I can from half a world away, otherwise I would go crazy here. I guess it's a little bit of guilt for having access to all these wonderful things and living a normal comfortable life while he's over there out of his comfort zone.

I leave with a video from youtube that I found on del.icio.us. When you first enter, it shows you the hotlist of the moment. This video is for sushi aficionados. If you were ever curious about the proper way to enjoy sushi, this video is for you......exaggerated and amusing.

No comments: