Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Savoring every moment

Pinch me--is this real? Jon got in on Sunday night at 9:30. Unfortunately, the whole ADVON group was able to get on that plane, so we had to wait until midnight for the other flight to come in. From the airport we made the 75 mile drive down to Ft. Huachuca, Jon riding in the van that came to pick them up. There was no ceremony, just a few encouraging words. From there we had to drive back up to Tucson. We didn't get home until past 4 a.m. We're still recovering from that long night. 

Life has returned back to normal for me, but it doesn't feel normal. That'll take a while. But I'm so, so in love with Jon! It's so hard to go to work when he's staying at home. Granted, he only got one day off and went in today. But on Monday, I only went in to work for a couple hours. No one was going to pry me off my husband easily! Today, I even considered skipping out on my kickboxing class, just so I could get home and see Jon sooner. Good thing I didn't because as I was driving home after the class, he called me to tell me he just got home! When at one time I dreaded weekends, they cannot come fast enough now. It still hasn't really sunk in that he's staying this time, even though I see his toothbrush by the sink and his shampoo in the shower. This will all take some time.

Well, it's off to bed for me. I'm not going to be so much of a night owl now with Jon home!

10 comments:

rebecca said...

Lol, Hooray! I'm so excited for you, enjoy your hubby :)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! =)

Sara said...

I'm so happy he's home. It does take a while to get used to them being home for "good". I'm only just getting used to it. Enjoy all your time!

loqi said...

I'm so excited that he's finally home! Yay!

And I sooooooo know what you mean about having to work when they're home. That is the WORST. I have a really hard time with that too. This week LT's off, and I'm making him drive me to work every day. :)

Enjoy each other!

kd said...

Yay!!! I am so glad he's home! It is definitely hard to go back to normal life once they get home. :)

d.a.r. said...

Yay!!! I am so glad he is home!!!

The Mrs. said...

enjoy all your quality time together! I admire you for still going to the gym, my fat ass would have bailed at the first chance!


and thank you for still being there : )

Rebecca said...

I'm so excited for you!

I got the sweater today, and I LOVE it! Thanks so much!

e said...

you sound so soso happy.. I'm so excited for you :)

lobstah said...

Such wonderful news of your happy reunion! Hooray!