Monday, February 16, 2009

This is my reality

I love coming home after work to find my husband intently working on one of his little projects in the garage. I love how he put everything down to grill some hamburgers and bratwurst for dinner. I love having my husband home. I feel like a different person now. The neighbors around me only knew me as the one whose husband was in Iraq. But I'm part of a couple and now they need to get to know the other half. 

I feel different. The house feels different. The days feel different. When I first open my eyes and am fully conscious in the mornings, I'm just happier, warmer, content. I don't remember feeling this way for a long time. I like it! But, man do those weeks drag by now!

We celebrated Valentine's Day on Friday. I had a couple rib-eyes for the occasion and Jon had bought a 14 oz. lobster tail at Costco that day. It was sooo yummy! I had maybe two bites of steak and I ate that whole lobster tail all.by.myself......with lots of butter! Yeah that started off a weekend of horrible eating!

On Valentine's Day we tried eating at our favorite Italian restaurant, but everything was super crowded. So we just grabbed a couple Hot N Ready pizzas from Little Caesar's and noshed on that. We followed that with a glass of port for dessert. Jon promptly went to bed at 9:30 while I stayed up and watched SNL while knitting.

This coming Saturday I have my nursing school interview. I'm so nervous! I really hope I get in! If I don't, I've got a back up plan. I'll be happy either way. Because the night he came home, Jon told me if I don't get into nursing school we can start thinking about having kids within the next year or two. Yay!!!! I never thought I'd hear those words out of his mouth! I've been expressing a really strong desire to have kids now and I'm so happy! 

Blogging will remain sporadic, as I share the MacBook with Jon now. I literally have to pry it out of his hands when I get home! I'm still catching up on all your blogs! Well, wish me luck on the interview!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you guys are settling back into a nice routine together again! And of course enjoying all of your time again! I also love Lobster- last night I had one I ate an entire 2lb Lobster! Well E helped with a few bites but not much!

And how exciting that you guys might start in the near future for kids!!

Sara said...

Good luck! Glad life is blissful!

loqi said...

I am soooooooo happy for you. I was just telling LT that it feels good knowing that slowly the "deployment bunch" that kept me sane while he was away is slowly getting their husbands backs. Sara, and then you.

It's hard to describe how different life feels when they are around... but I know exactly what you mean. I can't wait to have a home and be *living* with LT!!

You will most certainly have my thoughts and best wishes with you this weekend for your interview. If they're smart, they'll grab you up as fast as they can!

And OMG --- KIDDOS!!! Wow! Just wow!

The day LT says anything to me about being OK with trying for a baby, I think I might pass out from the shock of it! hehe

You deserve to be this happy, and I'm so glad you are. BIG HUGE HUGS!

Rebecca said...

I'm so so happy for you! Wow, kids! That's so exciting.

Good luck with your interview. I hope you get in!

Rae said...

So glad to hear that you are in such a state of sheer happiness! I know you will do beautifully on the interview, you are a thoughtful person and I think that always shows.

Rachel said...

Good luck with the interview!!!!

Momily said...

Congrats on having your hubby home. Good luck with the interview. And yay for babies, if that's the way things go instead. So worth it, either way.

New Girl on Post said...

Glad life is going well! Sounds like you two are really enjoying time spent with one another.

You made me laugh about the lobster tail. It's not that much meat!

lobstah said...

Good luck with your interview! You can do it :)