Friday, February 6, 2009

As this deployment winds down....

I'm nervous! I've been forced to adapt to having my husband gone for over a year, and within a couple days I'm expected to throw that all out the window and carry on with normal life. As sad as it is, I consider my life right now as normal! It's going to be hard deviating from my deployment routine and having to actually take somebody else into account in daily decisions now!

That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it! I do have the slightest of little butterflies in my stomach when I think about Jon coming home, but I think Sara described it best: most of all I'm just relieved that it's almost all over. Even if I wanted to, I cannot get genuinely EXCITED. I don't even feel like he's coming home yet. It's a nice idea, a much awaited dream come true, but it almost sounds too good to be true. My survival mechanism won't be shut off so easily.

Last but not least, I just wanted to give a big hug and thank you to all my blog friends out there! You all have helped me through this deployment in ways other people couldn't, mainly because I'm much more open writing here than I am talking to "real-life" people. 

It started one day in April when I just lost it and went on a search for other milspouse blogs. This blog wasn't initially started to connect with new people...just with people I already knew (shout out to Rae, Cheryl, and Drea--study buddies and detractors in college)! But I am so glad that I found you all! I feel so blessed to have you all as a part of my life and truly consider you all friends, even though we've never met in real life before (although I hope we can eventually)! Thank you for the camaraderie, for the supportive words, for all those virtual hugs....this is a sisterhood I'm grateful for being a part of!

9 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I totally agree with the mil spouse support. It really is an amazing bloggie group. We are lucky to have you in the sisterhood :)

kd said...

I love the milspouse bloggie group. Enjoy your relief for now; it didn't get real for me until the few hours before his flight landed, then I was an insane mess (don't follow my lead).

By the way, still totally convinced you have at least 1 pullup in you. Don't get nervous, I promise you will get mad props! When I did mine, 2 Marines were watching and they were all, "woah! that is so cool!" (no lie, that really happened)

rebecca said...

I TOTALLY agree! I love our little group, lol!

How exciting that your deployment is *almost* over! I bet you're feeling nervous and excited! I know I'll be super nervous, just to see how he's changed, and I know I'll have changed as well, but it will be so fun "getting to know" each other again. :)

tootie said...

Congrats on being able to see your husband soon!!

jlc said...

Awww you are so right! The milspouse support def helps!!


But I reallyyyy hope you get excited soon! It's gonna be over! You can have your hubbs back! :)

Sara said...

I had to be at the gym about to pick him up before I got excited. LAW told me that adjusting to their being home takes about as much time as adjusting to them being gone. It's not always puppies and rainbows but there is a lot of good and excitement too! Getting out of this normality takes time. Just don't rush yourself. It's normal and you'll be fine.

e said...

i love our group too :)

after reading sara's process through reintegration and (looking forward to!) yours, i think i definitely see some research in this.. hmmmmm :)

Somebody's Princess said...

Thinking of you today! Hope it's WON-DER-FUL getting to be near your husband again :)

loqi said...

Awwwwww -- meeting you has been a wonderful addition to my bloggie support group, I'm so glad you feel the same way. *hugs*

And belated YAY for Jon being home!